You may have the doubts mentioned in this post before you buy a SKY3DS+ or SKY3DS flashcart. In today's post are the latest and full SKY3DS+/SKY3DS FAQ in 2016, hope you will find it helpful. For other question, pls feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Important & Frequently-asked Questions about SKY3DS
Comparison of SKY3DS V1, SKY3DS V2 and SKY3DS+
Judging from the above table, we can easily know that SKY3DS+ is the best one to buy now, which supports new 3ds games, multiple roms without limits, game picking on 2 orange buttons and updatable firmware to overcome the next AP check of 3ds games.
What you should know about SKY3DS+/SKY3DS
1. SKY3DS+ is compatible with 2DS or NEW 3DS console?
Yes, SKY3DS+ is working directly on Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL/2DS/NEW 3DS/NEW 3DS XL consoles. They are all using 3DS Firmware which has been hacked by SKY3DS+ card, so don't worry about the SKY3DS+/SKY3DS compatibility for different 3DS handheld systems. You can find many videos of SKY3DS+ supporting on 2DS or N3DS handhelds.
2. Is it easy to update firmware of SKY3DS+ when it is needed for 3DS have a new system update?
Basically, updating SKY3DS+ firmware is not for the 3DS system updating, but due to the improvement of SKY3DS+ card itself. Moreover it's very easy and simple to update SKY3DS+ firmware:just download the file from sky3ds.com, unzip it, you will get the firmware bin file and then put it into the root of micro sd card. Lastly, do the following things here, the SKY3DS+ card can be easily updated to the latest version. Currently the latest firmware of SKY3DS+ is V112.
- · Insert your microSD card into SKY3DS+, connect your PC and SKY3DS+ with a USB cable(come with, which can also work as a USB Adapter once connection built).
- · The LED red light will turn on for 10 seconds, then turn to the green light and keep flashing for 10 seconds, once the light turn off it means the sky3DS+ has been updated successfully. Alert: Never unplug the USB cable while the green light keep flashing, it might damage your sky3DS+ card!
- · Delete the firmware.bin file in your microSD card.
3. On average how big is a 3DS game? Which SD card size you should choose for SKY3DS+ ?
3DS game roms are varied in space: some can be as small as 130MB, while others can be as large as 4GB. SKY3DS+ supports them too; but for 3ds games about 4gb or larger size, you should trim the roms firstly before put it to the Micro sd card--- one commonly used tool is 3DSExplorer.
As for the SD card to choose for SKY3DS+, card size is not the biggest problem. You should care more about the speed/quality of your Microsd/sdhc. In general, "class10" or better Sandisk Card is recommended.
4. SKY3DS+ supports Multiple 3ds games with SD card? Can you put more than 1/10/31 roms in SKY3DS+ to play?
Yes, SKY3DS+ supports Multi-rom with sd card and loads one game ROM at a time. The 3DS regards SKY3DS+ card as a legitimate game. To switch between games you should press the back/forward buttons on the SKY3DS+ cart. You can save as many games to the microSD card in the SKY3DS+ as you like, no 10 or 31 game limits which SKY3DS v2 has.
5. Are there any games SKY3DS+ can't support ? Does it have game limitation too?
The latest 3DS games released recently all can be supported by SKY3DS+, without game number and AP check game limit. Furthermore, SKY3DS+ can support upcoming 3DS Games with no need for the team to update gamelist file. In a word, now one SKY3DS+ can let you play Almost ALL 3DS Games in the market.
6. Will SKY3DS+ be outdated in future or Nintendo will stop the card for playing new games again?
SKY3DS V2 maybe outdated in future but not the newest SKY3DS+-- it can be updated with firmware, so no need to worry. As for Nintendo's next step for SKY3DS+ cart, we have no clear idea. It may implement new game AP check again or not, but with updatable SKY3DS+ card, Nintendo's efforts can be bypassed within days.
7. Can you download the new update for the game on eshop for the game in SKY3DS+, what about DLC?
Yes you can update the games and buy DLC from the eshop.The SKY3DS+ emulates a real game cart... Anything you can do with an official game cartridge (download DLC etc) you can do with the SKY3DS+ too.
8. Is there any kind of cheat that SKY3DS+ support like the old NDS with R4 card?
Like we said above, SKY3DS+ is the emulating card of actual gamecard, so it can't support region free, game cheats, real-time save or homebrews like the R4i 3DS cart. By the way, Gateway 3ds is the only flashcard supports 3DS game cheats.
9. What's private game header for SKY3DS+ Plus and how to get it?
A private header is a unique id that each gamecard has for online play. When you going online, Nintendo can see the header of each player connected since roms coming from actual gamecard they have the cards id. When Nintendo sees more than one player with the same header then those consoles will be banned. So if you want to play online with SKY3DS+, you need a private header from an actual gamecard. There are a couple ways to get a private header from a gamecard you can google it. One good example is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/