Smilehax, the latest 3ds homebrew entrypoint released by Plutoo, differs from his first exploit Freakyhax and can't be installed on O3DS/N3DS consoles with 3ds game hacking card SKY3DS+. Next we are showing you what SKY3DS+ can do and how to setup Smilehax on Nintendo 3DS.
Why SKY3DS+ can’t be used to setup Smilehax on 3DS ?
Smilehax is one of the 3ds homebrew entrypoints based upon the eShop 3DS game SmileBASIC 3, while SKY3DS+ is a 3ds flashcard emulating the retail 3ds cart which support 3DS cart Roms but not eShop 3ds games. This is why SKY3DS+ cannot be used to setup Smilehax on O3DS/N3DS consoles.
What SKY3DS+ can do on 3DS ?
- · Multiple 3DS Games. SKY3DS+ let you download and play multiple 3ds games in only one cart.
- · Free 3DS Games. SKY3DS+ supports playing downloaded 3ds roms or your own 3ds game backup without buying the retail game card.
- · 3DS Game Switch. SKY3DS+ has 2 orange buttons, enabling you to switch between different 3ds games by pressing them back and forth.
- · Work with MicroSD/SDHC card. SKY3DS+ is compatible with Microsd card up to 128gb, thus can store and play 10 to 100 3DS Games at a time.
- · Access eshop to update 3DS Games, download DLC and so on. SKY3DS+ is just like a 3ds game card when it works on 3DS.
- · Play online
What SKY3DS+ can't support on 3DS ?
- · Other region 3DS Games differ from your console region.
- · 3DS Homebrews.
- · 3DS Cheats.
Which 3ds homebrew exploits SKY3DS+ can support ?
If a 3ds homebrew exploit can be supported by a certain game card, then it can also be installed by SKY3DS+ , for example the Freakyhax. In addition, whether or not we can use SKY3DS+ card to run one homebrew entrypoint, we are still able to use SKY3DS+ card on 3DS/NEW 3DS consoles. So we can overcome SKY3DS+ shortcoming -- using SKY3DS+ together with homebrews, we can play Multiple region 3ds games on 3ds handhelds.
Smilehax User Guide on 3DS/NEW 3DS
- · A JAP or USA copy of the game (only available on the eShop)
- · Recent 3DS firmware, including latest (11.0.0-33) as of this writing
Note: For USA versions, currently only SmileBASIC 3.31 is supported.
1. Get the homebrew starter kit from the homebrew launcher website and put it on your sdcard.
2. Enable WiFi on your 3DS.
3. Fill in your firmware version here: https://plutooo.github.io/smilehax/
4. Fill in your SmileBASIC version/region (see FAQ if you can’t find your version): https://plutooo.github.io/smilehax/.
5. Click the “Create Programs with SmileBASIC” button.
6. Enter the following script manually in EDIT mode: “Please select a SmileBASIC version.”
7. Switch back to DIRECT mode, and write the following: SAVE “INSTALL”.
8. If you make a typo, you can write LOAD “INSTALL”, fix it, and save it again with SAVE “INSTALL“.
9. Execute it by writing RUN in DIRECT mode.
10. If everything went well, the screen will become blue, then green.
11. The game will exit with an “An error has occured” popup.
12. Start the game again. Now run the HAX script!
FAQ for Smilehax Installing
Q: How do I trigger the exploit?
A: After installation, you can run the exploit by clicking: Browse Projects → [DEFAULT] → HAX → confirm.
Q: My version isn’t supported. Help!
A: You can downgrade SmileBASIC by removing the installed upgrade from 3DS settings. American users on version lower than 3.31 can use another exploit by MrNbaYoh.
Smilehax VS BASICSploit