* Gateway 3ds flashcart (one blue card, one red card);
* Two microSD cards(one for Gateway Blue card, and the other for Gateway Red card), formatted as FAT32;
* SD card in the 3ds console (formatted as FAT32).
1. Download "GATEWAY ULTRA v3.5.1 PUBLIC BETA", unzip this file. Copy all the files under the folder "Blue Card (R4i)" onto the root of the microSD card for Gateway Blue card. As below picture shows:
2. Copy "Launcher.dat" from the folder GW_Ultra_3.5.1_BETA onto the root of SD card of the 3DS console. See as below:
3. Copy several 3ds roms onto the root of the microSD card for Gateway red card.
4. Insert the SD card into the 3DS console and then power on the console. Insert the Gateway Blue card(with microSD card in) into the 3ds console. Select the flashcart icon and press A.
Then the screen shows as below:
5. Select "NVRAM INSTALLER" and press A. Press A again to continue.
Then select the Console type and press A; then select the Console region and press A,
and after that PROGRAMMING & VERIFYING begins. As below shows:
6. After it is done, press A to exit. As below shows:
7. Then it will prompt you to press HOME button or POWER OFF button. Please make sure to press HOME button to return to HOME menu.(Do not press POWER OFF!)
8. At the HOME menu, select System settings-Other Settings- Profile- Nintendo DS Profile successively.
9. Then the Gateway Menu will show as below:
10. Pull out the Gateway Blue card and insert the Gateway Red card(with microSD card and 3ds roms in) Select the first "BOOT GATEWAY MODE" and press A.
After a few seconds, it will go to the HOME menu. Now the flashcart icon is empty.
11. Press SELECT button and the game list will appear, as below:
12. Select one 3ds rom and press A to confirm. Then press A to start.
13. Enjoy your 3ds games now!
Note: If it doesn't go back to HOME menu automatically after you press A to BOOT GATEWAY MODE(Step 10), or if it gets stuck at blackscreen after you doing so, just power off the 3DS console first.
And then start all the above operations again; until when the Gateway menu appears, look to the right and find FORMAT EMUNAND. Select it and press A to start. After it is done, go back to the first BOOT GATEWAY MODE and press A. This time it should work!